My teaching interests include media processes and effects, media theory, research methods, health communication, emotions and media, and digital communication (including broadcast and digital reporting).
Indiana University, The Media School, Bloomington, Ind.
- MSCH S315: Media Processes and Effects
- MSCH S414 Public Communication Campaigns
- MSCH T540 Special Projects in Telecommunications
- JOUR J110: Foundations of Journalism and Mass Communication
- JOUR J200: Introduction to Writing, Reporting, and Editing
- JOUR J343: Broadcast News
- JOUR J410: Media as Social Institutions
- JOUR J804: Readings and Research in Journalism
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Media and Journalism, Chapel Hill, NC
- JOMC 221: Audio-Video Information Gathering
- Media science, health communication campaigns, celebrities and health communication, ethics and health communication, ethics and visual communication, research ethics, using linguistic software for content analysis, experimental methods, methods and tools for online experiments, and experiential education.